I was in Philadelphia this past week for a meeting on Wednesday. Due to the weather, it took me until Friday to return home. As I have gotten older I have developed a better attitude about these delays. I often have delays when I travel. I get somewhat frustrated with some aspects, but overall, it isn’t the airlines fault when there is 2 inches of ice on the roads in Atlanta and much of the South has been shut down because of snow and ice. I’ve thought about what I am grateful for from this trip. Here’s my list:
1. Arriving home, safe and with luggage.
2. Pete was only mildly annoyed and still had food. (and thanks to Sam for offering to come check on him if I was stuck any longer.)
3. I wasn’t stuck on 20/59 on Thursday night because of the accident and shooting that held up traffic until after midnight.
4. I had a hotel room both nights.
5. It was not a repeat of last year when I was so sick I wasn’t sure I was going to get through the night.
6. Knowing where to find plugs to charge my phone.
7. I had a weekend to recover.