Over the past week or so I have been setting up my race schedule for the rest of the year. Some of the races on my schedule are deferrals from last year after my injuries but I have also added a few new ones to the list. I have already completed the Aquabike at the LJCC Sterne Agee Triathlon and the Mayor’s Cup 5k. Those really got me started again and showed me that I could get back in races and triathlons this summer. My goals for this year are to finish each race and remain healthy and injury free.
Several of my races are organized by Team Magic. They put on well organized events, mainly in Alabama and Tennessee. Here is the complete list:
- May 12 Tour de Cure (ride, rather than a race, for American Diabetes Association
- May 26 Distance for Disaster (Another fundraising event. This one is for the American Red Cross in Tuscaloosa)
- June 9 Buster Britton Memorial Triathlon (400 swim, 13 mile bike, 5k)
- July 4 2 for T-Town (2miles)
- July 21 Wet Dog Triathlon (400 swim, 15k bike, 5 k run)
- July 28 Hot Hundred (26 or 37 miles, a ride, not a race)
- August 19 Luray Sprint Triathlon (750 swim, 17 mile bike, 5 k run)
- September 8 Coastal Tri it On (300 swim, 10 mile bike, 2 mile run)
- September 29 Tri2Remember 1k swim
- September 30 Lake Lanier Islands Sprint Triathlon (400 swim, 12 mile bike, 5 k run)
- October 13 Baltimore Half Marathon
So, that is what I will be doing over the summer. I’ll post about training and racing.